Safe Public Spaces [US]
Great places are safe places: in many ways, Placemaking and crime prevention have always gone hand in hand. People’s behaviour and feelings about their safety can be affected by the design of their surroundings – the places they live in.
- All Space Will Be Public Space
- Dealing With Crime and Disorder in Urban Parks
- Handbook for Public Playground Safety - US Comsumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
- UN Women Safe Cities Free of Violence against Women and Girls Global Programme (2010-15)
- Public Space: A public space may be a gathering spot or part of a neighborhood, downtown, special district, waterfront or other area within the public realm that helps promote social interaction and a sense of community. Possible examples may include such spaces as plazas, town squares, parks, marketplaces, public commons and malls, public greens, piers, special areas within convention centers or grounds, sites within public buildings, lobbies, concourses, or public spaces within private buildings. (Source: American Planning Association)
- Safeparks.org: provides online access to safety records from regulatory agencies that responded to Saferparks' public records request.